Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
Financial and Basic Accounting Principles for Project Managers
Catering to the demands of busy professionals, our virtual training programs are as effective as face-to-face learning.
Our Corporate training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 16 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Extensive documentation provided
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
This course provides participants with information and tools on how to get a better handle on the important area of financial management. The course addresses finance-related concepts and techniques to effectively manage projects and programs. The course also provides understanding about corporate finance and basic accounting principles. The course covers techniques related to project reporting and decision making process, as well as financial indicators and corporate financial reports.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate to stakeholders the financial status of the project
- Explain aspects of corporate accounting
- Gain focus on and maintain control over project estimates, profitability and performance
- Show the connection between corporate finances and the impact on projects
- Analyze the financial aspects of projects
- Make informed decision with respect to pricing, contract, progress and project risks
- Use financial information within a project environment to predict/influence final results
- Recognize the project manager’s financial responsibilities
Introduction and Overview
- Benefits of project management
- Project contracting and procurement
- Key terms
- Financial cycles
Project Accounting and Financial Basics
- Determine project’s financial needs
- Roles and responsibilities
- Financial statements and balance sheets
- Income statement, revenues and expenses
- Cash flow statement
- Basic accounting
Financial Justification and the Project Business Case
- Portfolio management: aligning strategy and projects
- Project decision points and gating
- The project business case
Measure, Control and Forecast – Financial and Profitability Measurements
- Financial principles and common financial metrics
- Review of purposes, measurements and sentiments
Applying Finance and Accounting Principles to Project Management (including a review of Earned Value Management)
- Project cost estimates and forecasting
- Measuring project performance
- Project financial performance and profitability
- Status reports
- Earned value management
Once after the training we will provide you the course completion certificate.
- Project Managers
- Project practitioners
- Individuals taking part in managing budgets
- Individuals who seek to improve their knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts
Does this course includes exam?
This course does not include exams as this is non-certifications course. once after the training we provide course completion certificate with each credit per hour (SEU,s or PDU’s)
What Does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
What experience does Instructor has?
All our Instructors are Certified & Industry Experts and they have years of experience in the same filed.