Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
Negotiation Skills – Professional
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 8 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Extensive documentation provided
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
This course focuses on effective negotiation techniques to be successful in different situations and with people holding different levels of power. The course evaluates how negotiations impact the organizations and ourselves. Reflect on the different outcomes that can be achieved through negotiation and understand which outcomes are acceptable for the intended objectives. Finally, participants reflect on the influencing process and how one can achieve things without having the authority or power.
Each module has been carefully selected based on the intake and skills gaps of the specific audience. After a brief introduction, participants are given 1 to 2 minutes to introduce themselves, practicing their presentation and communication skills (if the intake has included the requested video, this introduction will only be 1 minute).
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define negotiation and influencing stages and how to do so effectively.
- Understand different aspects of negotiating: persuasion, manipulation, assertiveness, rationalization, and active listening.
- Understand individuals and organizations (attitude, behavior, and culture). What each party expects, dealing with emotions, and resistance.
- Power play: who is in control and how to change it – tactics and coordination of power. The importance of knowledge.
- Understand communication strategies, effectiveness in communicating, verbal and nonverbal
- Orchestrating a plan: positioning, anticipating problems, managing conflicts, and approaching others for help.
- Understand interpersonal skills: the importance of self-awareness, adapting expectations, and resilience.
- Understand results: risk assessment, damage control, keeping good relationships, win-win outcomes.
- Understand how to use BAPNA, ZOPA, negotiation canvas, and other tools and strategies.
- Understand how communication and presentation skills empower your negotiation abilities.
Before We Begin
- Course Dynamics
- Self Evaluation on Basic Negotiation Skills Knowledge – Class Discussion
- Understanding the Methodology
- Think, Feel, See, Hear, Say and Do
- Giving and Taking
- Points of Interest
- Plan B (Key Arguments and Drawbacks)
BATNA and ZOPA
- BATNA – Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement Intro
- Example/Role play: Selling a Car
- ZOPA – Zone of Possible Agreement or “bargaining range” Intro
- Example/Role Play: Overcoming a Negative Bargaining Zone
- Defining Negotiation Success
- Criteria to Evaluate/Measure Success and Effectiveness
- Exercise/Role Play: Hand Shaking
- Maintaining a Continued Positive Relationship
Influence and persuasion
- General Overview
- Positive and Negative Ways to Influence
- Open Discussion: Sun vs Wind Tale
- Video: Perception and Persuasion
- Video: The Science of Persuasion
Introduction to Communication and Presentation skills
- Communication Skills
- Exercise/Role Play: Connecting Strangers
- Presentation Skills
- Exercise/Role Play: Words Clearly Spoken and Silence
- Video TED: How to Sound Smart – View and Discuss
- Wrap Up
- Self Assessment GAP
- Feedback Form
- Closing Remarks
- Anybody who is interested in learning Negotiation Skills – Professional.
What Does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
What experience does Instructor has?
All our Instructors are Certified & Industry Experts and they have years of experience in the same filed.
Do you provide a group discount for classroom training programs?
We do Provide Group Discounts such as 10% for group of 3, 15% for group of 5 and 20% for the group of 10 people.
If I cancel my Enrollment, how can I claim my Refund?
You can request a refund by sending an email to email@example.com and within 7 working days you get your money back.