Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
Negotiating for Results
Catering to the demands of busy professionals, our virtual training programs are as effective as face-to-face learning.
Our Corporate training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 16 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Extensive documentation provided
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
Negotiating is a part of everyday life. We negotiate in our work, with our friends, and even our family members. In this two day class, participants will learn what negotiation is and how to get the most from their personal negotiations. Participants will discover their personality style and how to negotiate effectively with other personality styles. Participants will also explore four strategies for negotiating, and how to apply the four step process for successfully negotiating with other parties.
Module One: Introduction to negotiation
- Identify the qualities of successful and unsuccessful negotiators.
- Define negotiation and provide examples of when you have negotiated in and outside work.
- Identify a negotiation situation you will practice during class.
Module Two: Personality types
- Explain the benefits of knowing personality styles.
- Explain the behaviors as well as the strengths/weaknesses of each personality style.
- Identify your own personality style.
- Identify how to work more effectively with each personality style while negotiating.
Module Three: The Negotiation Process
- Explain how to choose a negotiation strategy based on relationship and results.
- Define positional bargaining.
- Identify the differences between ” Soft” and ” Hard” negotiating.
- Define principled negotiation.
- Identify the four steps in the negotiation process.
Module Four: Preparing for negotiation
- Identify fears and ” hot buttons ” as well as strategies to overcome them.
- Identify areas to research on your side and on your opponent’s side.
- Define your BATNA (best alternative to a negotiation agreement), WATNA (worst alternative to a negotiation agreement), WAP (walk away point) and ZOPA (zone of possible agreement).
- Skill practice: Prepare for your personal negotiation situation.
Module Five: Opening the negotiation
- Explain how to create a positive first impression.
- Explain the importance of “small talk” and finding common ground in negotiation.
- Explain how setting ground rules can influence a negotiation.
- Identify important negotiation ground rules.
Module Six: Exchange information and bargain
- Explain how to initially exchange information.
- Identify contingency plans for unfavorable situations.
- Explain bargaining techniques.
- Explain strategies for inventing options for mutual gain.
Module Seven: Handle opposition
- Explain strategies to bring your opponent from NO to YES.
- Identify strategies to deal with negative emotions.
Module Eight: Close the negotiation
- Explain how to move from bargaining to closing.
- Explain the closing process.
- Practice your personal negotiation situation and get feedback from other participants.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Define negotiation and Identify steps for proper negotiation preparation.
- How to negotiate effectively with different personality styles.
- Define principled negotiation and identify the four steps in the negotiation process.
- Learn bargaining techniques and strategies of inventing options for mutual gain and move negotiations from bargaining to closing.
Business professionals and team members of all levels who are looking to enhance their negotiation and communication skills.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
What does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
Do you provide Placements?
Placements are not guaranteed, however you can ask our trainer for the help as our trainer has contacts with corporate.
Do you provide a group discount for classroom training programs?
We do Provide Group Discounts such as 10% for group of 3, 15% for group of 5 and 20% for the group of 10 people.
If I cancel my enrolment, how can I claim my Refund?
You can request a refund by sending an email to email@example.com and within 7 working days you get your money back.