Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
Workplace Diversity & Inclusion
Catering to the demands of busy professionals, our virtual training programs are as effective as face-to-face learning.
Our Corporate training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 16 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Extensive documentation provided
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
Workplace Diversity & Inclusion Training provides participants with a thorough understanding of their role in creating and promoting a safe and welcoming work environment for colleagues and customers. Ensuring that a corporate organization is aware of cultural and organizational bias can provide the foundation for a diverse and inclusive workplace. Employers have a responsibility to create and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, but what’s more, there is strong evidence to suggest that workplaces that not only participate in, but adopt and encourage diverse and inclusive workplaces have better economic standing and revenue. It behooves an organization to train employees to create and promote, foster and encourage a diverse and inclusive workplac
Module One: Introduction to Diversity & Inclusion
- Review of Objectives/ Logistics of Workshop.
- Difference between diversity and inclusion.
- Activity: Identify opportunities to foster diversity and/or inclusion in the workplace.
Module Two: Understanding Diversity at a Deeper Level
- What is diversity and how does it apply to the workplace?
- Activity: How to begin developing a diverse workplace today – actions to take.
Module Three: Understanding Stereotypes in the Workplace
- Identifying your own stereotypes.
- Activity: Review of case studies to identify stereotyping issues in the workplace.
- Working with biases in the workplace.
Module Four: How to Break Down the Barriers to become Diverse and Inclusive
- Identify barriers and biases.
- Activity: How to develop solutions with stakeholders in order to overcome biases in the workplace.
Module Five: Improving Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Verbal communication cues and triggers.
- How to listen effectively.
- Activity: Review of case studies to identify verbal triggers for inclusive behavior in the workplace.
Module Six: How to Improve Non-Verbal Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Taking ownership of your communication skills.
- How to read others’ communication skills.
- Activity: Why you shouldn’t rely on non-verbal communication during job interviews.
Module Seven: Sensitivity in the Workplace
- How much is too much?
- Where do you draw the line?
- Activity: Accommodation in the workplace.
Module Eight: Discrimination and How to Handle it
- What to do if you experience discrimination or have to facilitate issues related to discrimination.
- Strategies to prevent discrimination.
- Activity: Identify instances of discrimination and create plans for prevention and reconciliation.
Module Nine: Managing Discrimination and Inclusion Complaints
- Gather the facts.
- Determine solutions for a positive outcome.
- Activity: Review of sample sheets and conducting interviews.
Module Ten: Conclusion and Overview
- Review of Modules.
- Creating a plan for workplace diversity and inclusion goals.
- Activity: Discuss and create takeaways for action items.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify their own biases related to diversity and inclusion.
- Understand and be able to articulate the difference between diversity and inclusion.
- Understand and create a plan for adopting and incorporate diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Identify situations in which further discussion and planning needs to take place in their own workplaces related to diversity and inclusion.
- Create a plan for taking action after completion of the training.
This course is for employers and their employees who wish to adopt and foster a rich, diverse and inclusive workplace. It may be presented as part of on-the-job training for new employees or professional development for existing employees. Employers are encouraged to participate in this training as well in order to fully understand the role of a corporation in relation to diversity and inclusion training, awareness, adoption, and action.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
What does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
Do you provide Placements?
Placements are not guaranteed, however you can ask our trainer for the help as our trainer has contacts with corporate.
Do you provide a group discount for classroom training programs?
We do Provide Group Discounts such as 10% for group of 3, 15% for group of 5 and 20% for the group of 10 people.
If I cancel my enrolment, how can I claim my Refund?
You can request a refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and within 7 working days you get your money back.