Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 16 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Extensive documentation provided
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
Packed with fun, hands-on activities, this two-day program will help you teach your class four core management fundamentals that are essential for each new line manager and supervisor. From setting clear objectives to monitoring performance to motivating your team, situational leadership and more, the program helps you teach key management concepts with a fun practice activity in each module to help you apply the concepts learned in a fun interactive manner. Additionally, as a wrap-up, participants get to practice what was learned in a skill practice role play activity as a practical review.
Module One: Introduction:
- The Four Management Fundamentals
- What’s your job?
- The Perfect Manager – Activity
- The Perfect Employee — Activity
Module Two: Setting Direction:
- The Management Cycle.
- Situational Leadership.
- Goals and Direction Setting.
- SMART goals and making the intangible tangible.
Module Three: Monitoring Performance:
- Monitoring performance against quantifiable objectives.
- Monitoring performance against behavioral objectives.
- Management by walking around – MBWA.
- “You get what you inspect” – activity.
Module Four: Keeping Staff Motivated:
- What motivates us?
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
- Frederick Herzberg’s motivational model.
- Skill vs Will Matrix.
Module Five: Keeping Staff Motivated:
- Positive and negative feedback.
- BEF formula for constructive feedback.
- Forum theater interactive role play and case study.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the personal qualities and skills of an effective manager/supervisor.
- Recognize the importance of setting clear objectives and instructions to facilitate good performance.
- Understand and implement the principle of MBWA (Management By Walking Around) to check that standards are being maintained through effective performance monitoring.
- Identify methods for monitoring staff’s performance against both quantifiable as well as behavioral objectives.
- Understand the importance of constructive feedback in maintaining performance standards.
- Understand the key concept of situational leadership.
- Identify ways to motivate staff in the workplace.
Business Professionals, People Managers, Line Managers, Supervisors who are looking to enhance their people managing skills.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
What does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
Do you provide Placements?
Placements are not guaranteed, however you can ask our trainer for the help as our trainer has contacts with corporate.
Do you provide a group discount for classroom training programs?
We do Provide Group Discounts such as 10% for group of 3, 15% for group of 5 and 20% for the group of 10 people.
If I cancel my enrolment, how can I claim my Refund?
You can request a refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and within 7 working days you get your money back.