Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
Handling Angry and Difficult Callers
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 8 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Extensive documentation provided
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
It’s no fun being on the receiving end of a frustrated angry shouting caller who just had a bad customer experience and out to get his/her revenge, particularly when the caller’s issue was not even your fault in the first place. This one day program will help you teach call center agents a simple but powerful 3 step process. Using this process, agents will be able to calm angry callers down and regain and maintain control of the call and handle the situation confidently and professionally. Agents will be able to diffuse the angry caller’s strong emotions, bring the focus back to the issue and concentrate on working together collaboratively to resolve his/her problem.
Module One: Introduction: Angry callers and their expectations
- Callers and their expectations.
- The service recovery paradox.
- A complaint is a gift.
Module Two: Fix the caller before the problem
- Fixing the caller first.
- Listen and reassure the caller.
- Acknowledge the caller’s anger.
- Move the angry caller to the logical side of the brain.
Module Three: Take Ownership of the angry caller’s problem
- Showing ownership versus finger pointing and scapegoating.
- Language that engages callers.
- Avoid callers’ hot buttons.
- Use winning words and phrases.
Module Four: Deliver +1
- Apologizing and coming up with a balanced solution to the caller’s problem.
- Deliver +1
- Post call follow-up and the importance of having resiliency.
- Coping with a highly stressful customer service role.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand and follow a 3 step process for handling angry callers.
- Discover the importance of fixing the caller first before fixing the problem.
- Understand the value of complaints and how the best caller experiences can come out of the worst service breakdowns.
- Explore the value of being resilient and having ownership of callers issues and problems.
Call center customer service agents and support staff who deal with angry callers on a regular basis.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
What does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
Do you provide Placements?
Placements are not guaranteed, however you can ask our trainer for the help as our trainer has contacts with corporate.
Do you provide a group discount for classroom training programs?
We do Provide Group Discounts such as 10% for group of 3, 15% for group of 5 and 20% for the group of 10 people.
If I cancel my enrolment, how can I claim my Refund?
You can request a refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and within 7 working days you get your money back.