Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
Project Management Basics
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 16 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Extensive documentation provided
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
With this Course you will gain a basic understanding of Project Management based on the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge® – 5th Edition. The Course covers information on project Management theory, Principles, techniques, and methods.
During the Course, exercises are made based upon a case study. The case study may be one of three pre-defined case studies or a customized case study from the participant’s organization (see below: customization).
Module 1 : Getting Started
Module 2 : The Big Picture
- ● Basic Principles about Project Management
- ● The necessity of project preparation
- ● Explanation of the Course roadmap
Module 3 : Definitions, Concept & Life Cycles
- ● Project Management (PM) Definitions
- ● Focus and benefits of PM
- ● Concepts of triple constraints and competing demands
- ● Project life cycles
Module 4 : People, Projects and Framework
- ● People and projects overview
- ● The project manager
- ● The project sponsor / director
- ● The client, the project team and other stakeholders
- ● People and projects in organizations
- ● Framework
Module 5 : Initiating and Defining Requirements
- ● Initiating the project and developing the project charter
- ● Conducting stakeholder Assesments
- ● Defining Requirements
- ● Establishing the change control Process
Module 6 : Using the Work Breakdown Structure
- ● Defining the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- ● Developing a usable WBS
- ● Using the WBS
Module 7 : Managing Project Risk
- ● Making the case for Risk Management
- ● Using Risk Management Processes and tools
Module 8 : Estimating
- ● Defining an estimate
- ● Distinguishing approaches to estimating
- ● Using specific estimating Practices & techniques for duration
- ● Estimating cost
- ● Validating an estimate – schedule or budget
Module 9 : Scheduling
- ● Defining the scheduling Process & related terminology
- ● Sequencing and Defining dependencies
- ● Determining the critical path
- ● Considering schedule Risks and optimizing the schedule
Module 10 : Executing, Communicating, and Developing the Team
- ● Defining Execution
- ● Executing through Effective Communication & Stakeholder Relationships
- ● Executing with High-Performing Teams
Module 11 : Monitoring and Controlling
- ● Defining monitoring and controlling
- ● Viewing control through the lens of competing demands
- ● Using earned value for schedule and cost control
Module 12 : Closing the Project
- ● Closing projects
- ● Focusing on project transition
- ● Focusing on post-project evaluations
Module 13 : Summary and Next Steps
The basics of Project Management and be able to contribute to projects based upon the knowledge related to the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge® – 5th Edition.
- ● Getting Started
- ● The Big Picture
- ● Definitions, Concept & Life Cycles
- ● People, Projects and Framework
- ● Initiating and Defining Requirements
- ● Using the Work Breakdown Structure
- ● Managing Project Risk
- ● Estimating
- ● Scheduling
- ● Executing, Communicating, and Developing the Team
- ● Monitoring and Controlling
- ● Closing the Project
- ● Summary and Next Steps
Managers, project team members or non-project managers working in a project environment who want to improve their effectiveness. Entry level for PM practitioners.
What Does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
What experience does Instructor has?
All our Instructors are Certified & Industry Experts and they have years of experience in the same filed.
Do you provide a group discount for classroom training programs?
We do Provide Group Discounts such as 10% for group of 3, 15% for group of 5 and 20% for the group of 10 people.
If I cancel my Enrollment, how can I claim my Refund?
You can request a refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and within 7 working days you get your money back.