Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
ONF-Certified SDN Associate (OCSA)
Catering to the demands of busy professionals, our virtual training programs are as effective as face-to-face learning.
High quality training from Certified & Industry Experts
Earn 8 PDUs
Course Completion Certificates
Reimbursement guaranteed if the training is not satisfied
Extensive documentation provided
Our approach is both practical and inspirational. Our training is carefully designed and tested to develop the key skills and confidence needed while being highly participatory and fun
This is a 1-day class that covers the basics of Software Defined Networking (SDN). It is ideal for a beginner audience that wants to obtain an overview of the concepts, definitions and open source initiatives in the SDN arena. It has 75% lecture and 25% lab and is aimed at preparing participants for the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) SDN Associate exam.
Module 1: Introduction
- Company introduction
- Student introductions
- ONF Certification Overview
Module 2: Definitions and Standards
- Problems in Networking (that SDN can help solve)
- Making the case for SDN
- SDN Flavors
Module 3: Open-Flow
- What is Open-Flow
- How does Open-Flow work
- SDN Related Technologies
- SDN Standards Organizations
Module 4: Use Cases
- Data center/Enterprise
- Transport Networks
Module 5: Migration Strategies
- Migration Approaches
- Devices and Deployments
Module 6: Security, the ONF and Controller placement
- Security and Availability
- Overview of the ONF organization
- Controller Placement
Module 7: SDN Open Source
- Open source controllers
- Other open source initiatives
- Using the Floodlight controller and Mininet
- Using a Java based application to monitor the network
- Using Wireshark to analyze Open-Flow messages
- Identify SDN concepts and architecture as put forth by the Open Networking Foundation
- Understand the workings of Open-Flow
- Gain insight into SDN use-cases and migration strategies
- Understand the ONF as an organization and identify open source initiatives
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with a Mininet network and the Floodlight Controller
- Definitions and Standards
- Use Cases
- Migration Strategies
- Security, the ONF and Controller placement
- SDN Open Source
- Lab: Open-Flow
- Lab Guide
This course is aimed at beginners who want to grasp basic SDN concepts.
What does Mangates provide me on the day of the course?
What experience does Instructor has?
All our Instructors are Certified & Industry Experts and they have years of experience in teaching in the same stream.
Do you provide a group discount for classroom training programs?
We do Provide Group Discounts such as 10% for group of 3, 15% for group of 5 and 20% for the group of 10 people.
If I cancel my Enrollment, how can I claim my Refund?
You can request a refund by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and within 7 working days you get your money back.